Saturday 22 December 2012

Guide - Thorn King Event




Hello Everybody,

I am here to explain you how to complete the Thorn King event without spending much rubies.
If you play this game, you would be well aware of the terms Ruby player and non Ruby players. Well, I am a ruby player, but most of my alliance is not. So, I decided this time to complete the Thorn event without spending a single Ruby yet completing it with just strategy and perfect timing.
So, this is what I do.

Since the event started, approx last 1 week, all I have done is attack small RVs and collect resources from them and made up small tents and decorative items. My target is to get to 200% Morale and approx 60 soldiers for now.

As you can see in my camp, I don't have a single Ruby building.

Now, all you need to do is, attack the small RVs for about a week, build up your army and then start attacking the bigger towers.
I will show you how to attack the RVs.
I usually attack on 2 flanks. These soldiers are not versatile soldiers, so I attack melee soldiers with ranged and vice versa. No need to use tools on small RVs.
That is it, I seldom lose any soldiers while attacking them. Attack them 10-15 times a day and you are good to go.

Guys dont forget to check out this post: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?45114-cow-berdier-and-longbow-ox&p=458017&viewfull=1#post458017

You get to defeat mystery cows!!!!!

This is where my cutie cow is hiding :D Come on Cow, I am coming to get you soon!!

Don't take the cow lightly, it is important to complete the task for hidden achievement.


My attack on the way to Holy cows!!



Report: I had only 62 soldiers, yet killed 132 cows taking a loss of 40 soldiers.


This is how the cows look. Cutie pie......



This is the achievement.

Tejas was the first player from our alliance to complete the event. Here are the reports for the rest of us:







This is my attack to Level 40 tower, second tower after the bridge.












For this attack, I use first 2 waves of martyr waves and then this attack on 3rd wave.
4th wave I dumped some 20 odd Melee KG attack soldiers.


Awesome results:

Lost 6 spearmen, which were the martyr wave (meant to die and kill the tools), rest not even 1 soldier lost.
197 undead killed (or unkilled :P), and No loss what so ever.








This again proves that 20 Mantlets can kill hundred ranged defense soldiers.

My next attack is on Level 45 Tower, just 2 steps away from Necromancer's castle.
I am in bit of a soup here. My tools are burnt out, my food is burning fast, I cannot send the extra soldiers back. So either I stay and keep attacking RVs for food or I go for a kill. Well, to hell with it, I attacked Level 45 with whatever I had. Here is how it looks like:

I had no more spearman, so had to sacrifice a bear soldier. :(

This is espionage of Right flank as well as my Wave 1.



This is how my wave 2 looked and the espionage of Center flank.


This is Wave 3 and Espionage of Left flank.



Risk didnt pay off well, lost all my soldiers. :( But I can bet it would have been a very close battle.



This time I took my revenge and defeated the tower. I was using normal soldiers here (2handed and HC) that is the reason the losses are major.





The next Tower






Necromancer's castle Combat report.







Once you defeat the Necromancer's castle, you get an option to exit the event just below the XP task book.


You have an option to stay and defeat more towers and gather more resources or quit. I was hell bored already, so guess what I did!!!
Took my deco and decorated my castle.



Now this is extremely F****d up....... After completing the event I get to know that I dont get 100% achievement points as I had to defeat all the towers to get that. So make sure you do....



By Vishal Verma Google

26 comments:

  1. How do you not lose troops raiding small RVs? I use just crossbows and swords and I lost enough to make it monetarily non feasible. Even using the flanking plan and optimum troops suited to defender. How important is moral?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morale is EXTREMELY important.
    Step 1 should be to get Morale to 150%. Step 2 to get it to 200%.

    And make sure to attack on 2 flanks only and those with least wall tools. Attack melee with ranged and ranged with melee.

    I am using KG soldiers, so maybe I lose none, you might lose 1 if you use Top tier normal soldiers. And remember, give it all. If you have 50 soldiers, attack with all 50.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you know if you get any bonus points for fixing the other bridge? or is it just a waste?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I am not 100% sure but I know for sure that for 100% completion of the event, you need to defeat all the towers, or you dont get 200 points of achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey friend would you please tell me how to use the waves in this game..?? :/ I don't make out good use of it.. I only use first wave.. and done..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hummmm, that is not the proper way to use it. You should use all the waves that are available to you.

      Delete
  6. Will the thorn king event ever come back like is there a certain month that it happens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will definitely come back, within 2-3 months, maybe sooner, maybe later. No set date.

      Delete
  7. Okay. I just wanted to know because someone in my alliance told me the thorn king event was hard. It prob will be easier to him now that I told him to see that video. If your level 12 like I am would the towers have units that are same level as you. Also do you have to fix the bridge to get the 100% complete achievement ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      If I recall, anyone below level 30 cannot participate in any of the events. Neither Thorn King nor Berimont. And I guess the towers are same for all, dont know for sure.

      Delete
    2. Well then that's kinda bumbed. I want to participate.Do you think there will be events where lower levels can participate?

      Delete
    3. I dont believe I have seen any event where any player below Level 30 has participated. Level 30 is like the basic criteria to qualify for events.

      Delete
    4. You know how you talked about the ATM coin method and how it doesn't work now. Well I'm not a rubie player and When I can come on I have got the minamal amount of coins. What should I do?

      Delete
    5. ATM is back on. So attack 150 RBCs in Green and then enjoy the loot and the coins.

      Delete
    6. I forgot to say that the coins come from taxes. :P

      Delete
    7. Not really.... I get like 7000 coins from 24 hour collection, but I always have 1.5 Million to 2 Million coins because of attacking RBCs. I dont have Dwellings in most of my castles and OP.

      Delete
  8. When will this event come again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe in next 3-4 months, maybe sooner. Tomorrow the new event is starting, THE COAST OF BLADES....

      Delete
  9. Anybody have problem logging in to the game? I can,t log in .the game does not load.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be slow internet problem, hope it is fixed by now.

      Delete
  10. how often do you get events like the blade coast, battle for berimond or the thorn king?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GGE keeps throwing something at us almost every week. But the bigger events as you said appear like once in 2 months or so.

      Delete
  11. how many adventures are there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the guide. I am trying it out. The Thorn King Event. I did use a few rubies though; bought a few Field Kitchen (deco items for morale).
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. can u tell me the attack formation for the tower which is just before the bridge

    the down one

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it even feasible to get to 200% morale? I only get about 1% point for every penant and its getting less and less. Thats 2.5 for every drill ground, but it will be much smaller as I approach 200%

    Seems like it would be smarter to increase troop count once you get around the 150% mark and stay there until you are maxing out your attacks everytime, and then build moral.

    No?

    ReplyDelete